Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business and we’re looking for a passionate individual to join our team. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 80,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
About the Position:
Songtrust is seeking a talented DevOps engineer to join us in solving one of the biggest problems facing songwriters in the new music business: getting paid.
Existing systems of royalty collection around the world are antiquated and inefficient. Songtrust is finally bringing real engineering talent and ingenuity to a part of the music industry that has been notoriously slow in adapting to innovation. We have built one of the biggest music publishers in the world, helping nearly 100,000 writers collect royalties.
What will you work on:
Automate all the things: application and infrastructure deployment, continuous integration, monitoring, alerting. You’ll own deployment and operation of systems and services in addition to occasionally writing production code for our application when needed. You’ll lead the design and development of tooling, automation, and dev processes for operating a fast-growing SaaS business. You’ll also address the unique operational challenges of a real-time web application.
Help us mitigate risk while increasing reliability. We’ll trust you to lead our ability to triage and deal with operational issues. Advise our team on how to architect systems that make our entire codebase more scalable and dependable. Introduce the latest and greatest tools and practices to improve our deployment and testing. Own our disaster planning and socialize the monitoring and on-call procedures that will help our entire engineering team support you.
Some things we use:
- Ubuntu, AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, ECS, more), Nginx
- Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Tastypie
- Celery, Redis, Memcached
- Backbone.js, Backbone Layout Manager
- Github, JIRA, New Relic, Splunk, Slack
Additional technology stack:
- PHP (WordPress / WPEngine)
- MS SQL Server (For industry specific software)
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Fully manage our production servers
- Be familiar with monitoring tools and know how to triage bugs
- Diagnose and resolve production issues
- Design, automate, and optimize build and test systems
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Drive our roadmap for deployment and operations improvements
- Work with product engineers to Increase feature release speed and lower bug rates
- Maintain risk assessments and disaster response scenarios
To apply, send a resume/linkedin and a link to your github/portfolio plus a song you’ve been listening to lately to firstname.lastname@example.org