Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business – and we’re looking for passionate people to join our team. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 50,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
About the Internship:
We are looking for someone that is passionate about music, social media and writing. You would work with our quickly growing team out of our SoHo office.
You will be deeply involved in the day-to-day activities of our team. Responsibilities include:
- Research music publishing news and explaining the impact to our audience
- Propose ideas for new articles and write articles of your own
- Manage and update our content calendar of noteworthy events
- Proficient working with HTML and CSS
- Update social media
Special Skills / Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of the music industry and music publishing
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills
- Strong social media skills
- Music publishing, music industry, songwriting, and/or recording experience
- Proficiency with WordPress, Typepad and/or other blogging tools and plugins
- Basic HTML/CSS experience
- SEO/SEM experience
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a quick note, resume, the name of your favorite song and a writing sample (blog post, essay, etc) if you have one.
College credit required–this is an unpaid internship.
Fall 2014 applicants: email email@example.com with subject “Fall 2014 Internship Application”
(All Summer 2014 internship positions have been filled)