Songtrust is a music startup in NYC, providing the easiest way for songwriters to get paid royalties from the US and abroad. Created by Downtown Music Publishing (John Lennon, Santigold, Mötley Crüe, Randy Newman ) – Songtrust was named a Top Music Startup by Billboard Magazine. We help indie and working songwriters register their songs with agencies around the world to collect royalties from plays on-air, online, on TV and many other places. Unlike traditional publishing deals our clients keep 100% of their rights.
We’re looking for someone to join our small team as a full time front end developer, ideally with a passion for music. We need someone who is comfortable with stepping in to make the occasional design decision, can think holistically about the product, with a focus always on user experience.
- Work with our development and product team to write forward thinking and clean front end components.
- Continue to improve the look and feel of our reporting system: We try to build things Tufte would be impressed by.
- Improve the look and feel of our service that discovers new covers and live performances on Youtube.
- Experience developing web applications and UI’s
- Expert with front-end technologies (HTML/CSS) and knowledge of browser limitations
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
Desirable, but not required
- Experience with backbone.js or similar frameworks
- General understanding of MVC Web Frameworks(we use Django with a Tastypie REST API)
- Familiar with responsive design, A/B testing
- General understanding of marketing and analytics software/plugins and how they work
- Curious or familiar with modern front end technologies like LESS, Coffeescript, Bootstrap, D3, Grunt, Bower, Yeoman etc etc…
- Love of music
- Amazing loft office space in SoHo, New York
- All the Mac gear you’ll ever need
- Comprehensive EPO health plan & 401 (k)
- Commuter program & Free Citibike Membership
- Music freebies (shows, the occasional vinyl)
Salary $75k-120k DOE
How to Apply
Send a resume/linkedin and a link to your github/portfolio plus a song you’ve been listening to lately to email@example.com