Songtrust is seeking Full Stack Software Engineers to join us in solving one of the biggest problems facing songwriters in the new music business: getting paid.
Our industry-leading technology helps songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets (royalty collection), performing rights, and digital licensing.
Existing systems of royalty collection around the world are antiquated and inefficient. Songtrust is finally bringing real engineering talent and ingenuity to a part of the music industry that has been notoriously slow in adapting to innovation. Our software platform enables creators at all levels to recover their royalties directly from over 90 countries and from more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
- 2-5+ years working on production web applications
- At least one modern JS application framework (Backbone, Angular, React)
- CSS (advanced)- media queries, etc.
- At least one CSS preprocessor (SASS, LESS)
- UI best practices (progressive enhancement, accessibility, HTML5)
- Python (advanced)
- At least one python application architecture (Django, Flask)
- Fairly comfortable with SQL
Extra points for experience with:
- Creating web-services/APIs (We use Tastypie extensively)
- iPhone app development / Swift
- DevOps (deployment automation, cloud management, etc..)
- Machine Learning (we have a descriptive search/recommendation engine that finds covers of songs on Youtube)
- All the latest and greatest hardware you could ever want
- Opportunity to attend relevant tech conferences (e.g. PyCon, DjangoCon)
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows/events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
- Work in the amazing loft offices of Downtown Music Publishing in SoHo
- Full health insurance benefits, 401k with matching
- Free CitiBike Membership
- If you’d like to join the Songtrust team, send your resume / GitHub to email@example.com