Created by Downtown Music Publishing Group in 2011, Songtrust (a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup) is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business – and we’re looking for passionate people to join our team. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of hundreds of thousands of songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
About the Internship:
We are looking for someone that is passionate about music and is eager to learn more about music publishing administration. This is a great opportunity to learn how music publishing really works and gain experience working in a fast-paced tech-startup environment. You would work with our quickly growing team out of our SoHo office we share with Downtown Music Publishing, Music and Strategy, Downtown Music Studios, and Votiv.
You will be learning from our staff in the Publishing Operations department and involved in projects such as:
- Affiliating writers with domestic PROs (ASCAP, BMI) and monitoring affiliation statuses
- Sending Letters of Direction for new clients
- Assisting with international affiliations and work registrations
- Special projects
Special Skills / Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of the music industry and music publishing
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Counterpoint / Music Maestro or similar royalty software
- Experience with domestic and international PROs
- Weekly Q&A’s with top executives at Songtrust, Downtown Music Publishing and Music and Strategy
- Startup/Tech Experience
“During my time at Songtrust, I gained valuable insight and experience on the ever changing music industry, and specifically, how publishers are adapting with innovative technology to capitalize on new revenue streams for songwriters. I felt my time spent there was taken seriously by my superiors, and that the duties assigned to me were critical to the workflow handled by the publishing operations team”
– Tom Mathieson (Licensing and Administration Assistant at Downtown Music Publishing Group)
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a quick note, resume and the name of one of your favorite songs.
College credit required–this is an unpaid internship.
Summer 2016 applicants: email email@example.com with subject “Summer 2016 Internship Application”