Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business and we’re looking for a passionate individual to join our team. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 700,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Publishing Operations Coordinator to join the Songtrust team. You will be working with our Operations team and in-house Development team on a wide range of projects that help our songwriters and publishers collect royalties globally. This is an entry level position that is ideal for a recent graduate, those looking to switch careers into the music business, or candidates with 1-3 years of experience in the music industry. If you want to participate first hand in the transformation of music brought on by the shift to digital, then this is the place for you.
- Liaise between operations and our affiliates (partners, clients, societies etc.)
- Process Common Works Registration (CWR) and Acknowledgement files
- Assist in catalog ingestion, PRO registration audits and metadata tracking.
- Respond to client inquiries and issues
- Work with development team on bug tracking and feature requests
- Consistently seek to improve existing processes and maximize efficiency
- Great Excel skills and experience using Excel with large datasets
- Understanding of music publishing – PROs, collection societies, royalty types
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Knowledge of current events in music publishing and broader music industry
- Ability to work alone, as part of a team, multitask and hold others accountable
- Experience (professional or internship) in similar role at a publishing company or PRO
- Experience working for a software company / startup experience
- Degree in Music Business, Music Industry or similar area of study
- Experience with international Performing Rights Organizations (PRO’s) and mechanical societies
- Experience with Counterpoint Music Maestro and/or other royalty administration software
- Experience with Common Works Registration (CWR) and Acknowledgement (ACK) files
- Experience with SQL and/or Access
- Work in the amazing loft offices of Downtown Music Publishing in SoHo
- Full health insurance benefits, 401k
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
- Paid training courses as seen useful
To apply, send your resume along with the title of a favorite song to firstname.lastname@example.org.