Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business and we’re looking for a passionate individual to join our team. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 80,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
About the position:
We are looking for a Publishing Operations Manager to help lead our Operations department. We are looking for someone who will take ownership of all the processes required to run a music publishing day to day as efficiently as possible. Operations oversees royalties, CWR/song registration, live performance registration, back claims, writer/client relations, white label partnerships, international affiliations, and licensing. As the Publishing Operations Manager, you will oversee all of these processes as well as work closely with our in-house developers and general manager on a wide range of projects that help our songwriters and publishers collect more royalties.
We define success in this role as continually reducing issues with client services, reducing time to song and writer registrations, finding ways to automate manual tasks, increasing royalty accuracy and processing efficiency.
The ideal candidate has 2 – 7+ years of Publishing Administration and music business experience working with local and international Performing Rights Organizations. Experience working in entrepreneurial companies or with technology is a major plus.
- Oversee CWR processing
- Oversee writer/client relations & partnerships
- Work with software development team on new features, quality assurance and bug tracking
- Manage and execute licenses
- Participate in the royalty statement generation process, including error correction, review of statements for accuracy, and statement finalization
- 2 years or publishing administration experience or equivalent
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Great Excel skills(Lookups, Pivot Tables) and experience using Excel with large datasets
- Experience and relationships with PROs, collection societies
- Degree in Music Business, Music Industry, similar area of study or equivalent experience
- Experience with Counterpoint Music Maestro and/or other royalty administration software
- Experience with Common Works Registration (CWR) and Acknowledgement (ACK) files
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization & leadership skills
- Knowledge of current events in music publishing and broader music industry
- Ability to work alone, as part of a team, multitask and hold others accountable
- Experience working for a software company / startup experience
- Experience with SQL and/or Access
- Work in the amazing loft offices of Downtown Music Publishing in SoHo
- Full health insurance benefits, 401k
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
- Reimbursement for relevant training courses
To apply, send your resume along with the title of a favorite song to email@example.com.