Songtrust is seeking Senior Software Engineers with Music Industry Experience to join us in solving one of the biggest problems facing songwriters in the new music business: getting paid.
Our industry-leading technology helps songwriters, artists, managers, labels, and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets (royalty collection), performing rights, and digital licensing.
Existing systems of royalty collection around the world are antiquated and inefficient. Songtrust is finally bringing real engineering talent and ingenuity to a part of the music industry that has been notoriously slow in adapting to innovation. Our software platform enables creators at all levels to recover their royalties directly from over 90 countries and from more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
- 3-5+ years working on production web applications
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Production Django and Python expertise
- Experience with relational databases, queries, management, and optimizations
- Understanding of application architecture, design patterns, methodologies and best practices
Extra points for experience with:
- Experience with DDEX (Digital Data Exchange – ddex.net) formats
- Music Industry Experience, ideally with a distributor, label, DSP, or MCL/Neighbouring rights organization.
- Experienced, comfortable and even excited to work with complex XML based standards.
- Creating web-services/APIs (We use Tastypie extensively)
- iPhone app development / Swift
- DevOps (deployment automation, cloud management, etc..)
- Machine Learning (we have a descriptive search/recommendation engine that finds covers of songs on Youtube)
- Work in the amazing loft offices of Downtown Music Publishing in SoHo
- Full health insurance benefits, 401k with matching
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- All the hardware you need
- Opportunity to attend relevant tech conferences (e.g. PyCon, DjangoCon)
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
If you’d like to join the Songtrust team, send your resume / GitHub to: firstname.lastname@example.org