Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business – and we’re looking for passionate people to join our small team to help make a difference in musicians’ lives. If you love music, technology or both (even better!) you’ve come to the right place.
Songtrust is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our engineering team in solving one of the biggest problems facing songwriters in the new music business: getting paid.
Existing systems of royalty collection around the world are antiquated and inefficient. Songtrust is finally bringing real engineering talent and ingenuity to a part of the music industry that has been notoriously slow in adapting to innovation. We help over 125k songwriters (more than the 3 major publishers combined!) get their money from over 20,000+ sources such as Spotify, Apple Music, TV, Radio, and even bars and grills.
- Automate all the things:
- Application and infrastructure deployment, continuous integration, monitoring, alerting.
- Own deployment and operation of systems and services:
- You’ll lead the design and development of tooling, automation, and dev processes for operating a fast-growing SaaS business.
- You’ll address the unique operational challenges of a real-time web application, as well as dealing with processing large datasets on the backend.
- Help us mitigate risk while increasing reliability:
- We’ll trust you to lead our ability to triage and deal with operational issues.
- Advise our team on how to write code and architect systems that make our entire codebase more testable, scalable, and dependable.
- Introduce the latest and greatest tools and practices to improve our deployment and testing.
- Own our disaster planning and socialize the monitoring and on-call procedures that will help our entire engineering team support you.
What technologies will you use?
- AWS services including EC2, S3, Cloudfront, ECS, EMR, SQS, RDS, CodeDeploy, Lambda
- MS SQL Server
Within 3 months, you will:
- Maintain risk assessments and disaster response scenarios
- Fully manage our production servers
- Be familiar with monitoring tools and know how to triage bugs
- Participate in on-call rotation, diagnose and resolve production issues
- Design and automate build and test systems
Within 6 months, you will:
- Drive our roadmap for deployment and operations improvements
- Work with product engineers to Increase feature release speed and lower bug rates’
If you are interested in learning more about how you could be a part of our team and lead the disruption of a global industry, email us a resume/LinkedIn/Github/or something else that represents your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org