About the Company: Songtrust helps songwriters and music publishing businesses collect more royalties. Started in 2010, Songtrust was named a Top Music Startup by Billboard magazine and represents over 100k songwriters, we are now signing more songwriters faster than any music publisher ever.
Summary: We are looking for a well-rounded IT Analyst / IT manager to establish our global support organization and begin transitioning parts of our support process in house from our outsourced managed service provider. We are cloud forward as Songtrust is a Saas, but still have two core applications in the datacenter (Windows server, MSSQL specifically). This role reports to our VP of Technology / the General Manager of Songtrust (who is largely focused on software / product development) and will take responsibility for all of our internal support/IT needs. Globally we are about 65 people with 5 non-independent offices to support, with the bulk (45 or so) being in NYC.
- Oversee our managed service provider.
- Oversee procurement of hardware, installation, and setup of new users.
- Establish support procedures, support technology issues globally, and triage high priority issues.
- Review, manage, and negotiate with existing and new hardware, software, and equipment vendors.
- Maintain documentation for the internal systems, services, and processes.
- Explore and install new technologies, systems, and services.
- Support our software engineering team with various tasks (e.g. Update/maintenance of Windows servers, manage backup/restore processes, security practices).
- Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regards to IT support and operations.
- Self starter with an organized mindset.
- Experience with procurement of Apple and Windows based desktops and servers.
- Experience in providing exceptional hands-on support with a variety of end-user devices/virtual devices, such as Apple desktops and laptops, video conferencing, printers, etc.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications: Google, MS Office, Adobe, Slack, Atlassian Suite, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Skilled in troubleshooting LAN and wireless networks; familiar with protocols such as TCP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, VPN and VoIP setup/troubleshooting.
3-10+ years of technology experience.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA and documentation tools like Confluence.
- Experience with asset management/tracking software such as JAMF or others(we are not using anything currently but would like to one day).
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Salary Depending on Experience
Health Care, 401k matching, PTO, volunteer hours
Free CitiBike Membership
Occasional free tickets to shows and performances in our SoHo office / studio.
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your resume/linkedin and please include a song you’ve been listening to in the email.