Amazing Songtrust & Downtown Music Publishing cakes made by former intern, Samantha Shank.
Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business – and we’re looking for passionate people to join our team. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of hundreds of thousands of songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Interns at Songtrust have gone on to work at Songtrust, Downtown Music Publishing, HFA, Amazon, iHeartRadio, C3, Warner Music Group, Saavn, LiveNation, Sony, Columbia, Columbia Artists Management, The Paramount, and more.
About the Internship:
We are looking for someone that is passionate about music and is eager to learn more about music publishing administration. This is a great opportunity to learn how music publishing really works and gain experience working in a fast-paced tech-startup environment. You would work with our quickly growing team out of our SoHo office.
You will be deeply involved in the day-to-day activities of the Publishing Operations department. Responsibilities include:
- Affiliate writers with domestic PROs (ASCAP, BMI) and monitor affiliation statuses
- Send Letters of Direction for new clients
- Assist with international affiliations and work registrations
- Test and execute technology developments
- Special projects (research, strategy, content creation, etc)
Special Skills / Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of the music industry and music publishing
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Counterpoint / Music Maestro or similar royalty software
- Experience with domestic and international PROs
- Startup/Tech Experience
- Weekly Q&A’s with Top Executives from Songtrust, Downtown Music Publishing and Music and Strategy.
How to apply:
Send an email with the subject “Summer 2017 Internship Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short cover letter, resume and a link to one of your favorite songs.
*College credit required–this is an unpaid internship.