About Us: Songtrust empowers songwriters. We are the first company trying to disrupt the $6 Billion music publishing industry. Songtrust is well-funded, has a growing team, and we even have paying customers. Songtrust was spun out of Downtown Music, which creates innovative music-related services and tools. Our roster of properties includes RCRDLBL.com, Downtown Records, Downtown Music Publishing, DMS.fm, and more.
You will learn:
- How to write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, test driven development, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
Some experience with Python, and html/css.
- Some MVC(Model View Controller) experience
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases (we use PostgreSQL but any experience with SQL is fine)
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Knowledge of Django
- Experience using git or another source control system
- Linux/terminal experience
- Contributor to open source projects (send us your github)
- Love of music or better yet, you’re in a band
- Amazing loft offices on Broadway in Soho, NYC
- College Credit if you need it
This internship is paid depending on your experience.
Please send an email to email@example.com with a link to your github, a resume, a web presence and/or a link to some of your projects.