Founded in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms, headquartered in New York with offices in Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, and Tokyo. The company’s catalog spans over seven decades of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Bruce Springsteen, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, Cy Coleman, Social Distortion, Sturgill Simpson, and Carla Bruni. The company’s technology platform, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business and we’re looking for a passionate individual to join our team. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists
Role and responsibilities:
Collaborate with our leadership team to recruit the leading talent in our space. Assist with designing a framework that delivers recruiting solutions and support the overall continued growth of our organization. Assist with the recruiting experience from job spec creation, through acceptance of offer and onboarding and engage and inspire our current staff.
What you will do:
- Coordinate the selection & hiring process. Provide feedback and recommendation to leaders regarding candidate profiles
- Use your knowledge and experience operating and searching various external recruiting programs (indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Angelist) to manage and search for candidates
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement a compelling Songtrust and Downtown Music Publishing employer brand that showcases our culture and mission, and that attracts diverse, experienced, and capable talent for all of our teams.
- Assist in promoting the company’s people strategy, helping to create a unique people experience for each individual
- Help facilitate employee training and engagement to retain and inspire our team
- Track and measure recruiting metrics to pinpoint improvement opportunities
Who you are:
- Someone with 2-5 years of recruiting experience in a fast paced environment or startup
- Someone who has previously implementation a structured interview process. You understanding the modern applicant tracking systems such as Lever or Greenhouse or other systems
- Savvy with LinkedIn Recruiter (e.g., boolean searches) and other recruiting programs
- Able to source passive candidates while engaging with inbound applicants
- Able to self manage and take direction
- Looking to be part of a fast growing start-up and passionate about finding talent
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please let us know which Downtown song is your favorite and why.