Songtrust’s platform helps songwriters and music publishing businesses collect more royalties. Started in 2010, Songtrust was named a Top Music Startup by Billboard magazine and represents over 125k songwriters.
Existing systems of royalty collection around the world are antiquated and inefficient. Songtrust is finally bringing real talent and ingenuity to a part of the music industry that has been notoriously slow in adapting to innovation.
Songtrust is looking for a world class user interface designer to help us drive the future of music rights. This is someone who lives for making simple user friendly products for business and creators alike. You have a keen eye towards interface scaling issues and come prepared with creative design solutions. You will be experienced at making the complex simple and willing to wipe the slate clean when a better solution arrives.
- 3+ years experience with UI/UX design.
- Comfortable going from low-fi to hi-fi deliverables and back again as needed.
- Using tools like SketchApp, Adobe CC, and InvisionApp are second nature to you but you’re not afraid to rapidly prototype with pen and paper.
- You’re able to take user stories and journeys from different personas and design interfaces that fit the needs of all personas.
- Have a portfolio of showing strong visual and interfaces design skills with a keen eye towards intuitive design.
- You’re able to understand the needs of the individual user as well as the power user and what tools/interfaces they need to be better songwriters.
- You’re comfortable working with Product Managers and Developers. You don’t have to know code, but being able to understand the technical limitations to a design is where you hit your stride. You’ll also understand how to design for responsive layouts.
- Ability to take customer and business needs and conceptualize them into actionable deliverables.
- Comfortable using data and user research to back up your interface design decisions.
- Experience/interest in the music / creative industries is a plus but not required!
- Know some basic HTML, CSS & JS
- Twitter Bootstrap Experience
- Mobile experience
To apply for this position, please send your resume/portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a song you’ve been listening to in the body as well as link to a well designed product you like and what about it makes it your favorite.