- PM David Cameron's "Google-model" vision for copyright under fire.
- Marketing agency launches online store to make music licensing easy for app developers.
- White House wants new copyright law crackdown, and Obama officially backs on-air performance royalties.
- SoundExchange paid out $252 million in digital performance royalties in 2010.
- SXSW panel predicts "artists will rely increasingly on publishers to build a career" in the future.
Take control of your publishing. Maximize Songtrust for your songs and business.
We created this guide to answer a simple question: How do songwriters support themselves?
The answer is not as simple as we’d like, but our goal is to make it as clear, transparent and understandable as we possibly can.
Songtrust is more than just a rights management platform and publishing administrator - we’re a team of experts in the music community who strive to educate, support, and provide thought leadership to creators, representatives, and businesses across the music industry.
Our hope is that you’ll finish this guide with an better understanding of the business behind songwriting and have actionable resources to help you be successful.